KB ID 0001688
It seems every time I use VMware Converter, there’s some new error that jumps up and makes me stumble!
Yesterday the problem was;
FAILED: A file I/O error occurred while accessing
Some searching told me this is actually a DNS problem, (where the converter could not resolve the DNS name of the machine being converted). BUT I had put the FQDN directly into this machines ‘hosts file’ so I doubt that was my problem. I suspect it was the fact that this machine was presenting a certificate that wasn’t trusted was actually the problem.
But either way the way to fix it is to re-queue the job again, but this time choose “Use proxy mode“.
Then it worked fine.
Related Articles, References, Credits, or External Links
Hi, I had this problem and it turned out to be the esxi firewall. The proxy node was in the allowed list for port 902 but the source server wasn’t. Once I added the source, it was fixed.
“Use Proxy Node” resolved the issue in my case. Thank you
The proxy mode seems to be very slow. Yesterday P2V 200GB took me 24 hours.
Thanks. Lots of posts all over about DNS, this, that, but NOTHING worked. Proxy setting worked fine!