KB ID 0000704
Your ASA will (by default) update your AnyConnect clients to the latest client software when they connect. However you need to supply the ASA with the updated packages first.
1. Download the latest AnyConnect client package, from Cisco. The one you want will have a file extension of .pkg
2. Connect to the ASDM > Configuration > Remote Access VPN > Network (Client) access > AnyConnect Client Software > Add.
3. Select Upload > Browse to the software you downloaded > Select.
4. The file should upload to flash memory.
5. And it will tell you if it has been successful.
6. Select the new software and, using the ‘up arrow’ move it to the top of the list > Apply.
Note: At this point I also delete the old software packages.
7. Don’t forget to upload the packages for Linus and MacOS of you may see the following error;
8. Remember to save the changes. File > Save running configuration to flash.
Related Articles, References, Credits, or External Links
Original article written: 02/11/12