KB ID 0001013
In October 2014 the new licensing model for AnyConnect 4 was released. Before version 4 we simply had AnyConnect Essentials and Premium licensing, now we have Plus and Apex licensing.
There are in fact three licensing options;
- Cisco AnyConnect Plus Subscription Licenses
- Cisco AnyConnect Plus Perpetual Licenses
- Cisco AnyConnect Apex Subscription Licenses
And two license types;
AnyConnect PLUS (Cisco pitch “Equivalent to the old Essentials License”).
- VPN functionality for PC and mobile platforms, including per-app VPN on mobile platforms.
- Basic endpoint context collection (Note: NOT full ISE context support).
- IEEE 802.1X Windows supplicant.
- Cisco Cloud Web Security agent for Windows & Mac OS X platforms.
- Cisco Web Security Appliance support.
- FIPS compliance.
AnyConnect APEX (Cisco pitch “Equivalent to the old Premium License”).
- Everything that’s included in AnyConnect Plus.
- Clientless (browser-based) VPN termination on the Cisco ASA.
- VPN Compliance/Posture agent in conjunction with the Cisco ASA.
- Unified Compliance/Posture agent in conjunction with the Cisco ISE 1.3 or later.
- Next Generation Encryption/Suite B.
Both licenses are available as 1, 2 and 5 (not 3 as listed on the Cisco website) year subscription, or you can buy Plus licenses with a perpetual license option.
(Note: if you have a Plus Perpetual license you still need to purchase a software applications support plus upgrades (SASU) contract.
To purchase support you order the parent license (SKU: L-AC-PLS-P-G) which has no cost, then you add in the relevant license for the amount of clients you have e.g. AC-PLS-P-500-S for 500 users, AC-PLS-P-2000-S for 2000 users etc.
BE AWARE: AnyConnect 4 Licenses will display as AnyConnect Premium licenses when you issue a ‘show version’ command. When adding an AnyConnect 4 License (regardless of the quantity of licenses added), will license to the maximum permitted AnyConnect Premium license count for the ASA hardware platform, those being;
Cisco ASA Maximum VPN Peers / Sessions
Cisco Firepower Firewalls FPR-1010 = 75 FPR-1120 = 150 FPR-1130 = 400 FPR-1140 = 800 FPR-2110 = 1500 FPR-2120 = 3500 FPR-2130 = 7500 FPR-2140 = 10,000 FPR-4110 = 10,000 FPR-4112 = 10,000 FPR-4115 = 15,000 FPR-4120 = 20,000 FPR-4125 = 20,000 FPR-4140 = 20,000 FPR-4145 = 20,000 FPR-4150 = 20,000 FPR-9300-SM24 = 20,000 FPR-9300-SM36 = 20,000 FPR-9300-SM40 = 20,000 FPR-9300-SM44 = 20,000 FPR-9300-3xSM44 = 60,000 FPR-9300-SM48 = 20,000 FPR-9300-SM56 = 20,000 FPR-9300-SM3x56 = 60,000
Cisco ASA 5500-X Firewalls
5506-X = 50 5508-X = 100 5512-X = 250 5515-X = 250 5516-X = 300 5525-X = 750 5545-X = 2500 5555-X = 5000 5585-X = 10,000
Cisco ASA 5500 Firewalls 5505 = 25 5510 = 250 5520 = 750 5540 = 5,000 5550 = 5,000 5580 = 10,000
Cisco ASAv Firewalls
ASAv5 = 50 ASAv10 = 100 ASAv30 = 750 ASAv50 = 10,000