KB ID 0001080
It’s been a while since I had to do this, you used to simply take a number from the token pack, import it into the RSA Authentication Manager, job done. Now the tokens are shipped to you encrypted, you need to register them with RSA, decrypt them, then import them.
2. Good job I was alone and had no CD drive! Anyway the two numbers you need to enter on the website to register are;
- Token Pack ID: On the sleeve, and on the CD
- Confirmation Number : On the CD
3. When you have finished registration you will download a .zip file, save it somewhere sensible.
5. When complete, you will be given two files, an XML file that has all your token information.
6. And a password file, that gives you a password to import the XML file with.
7. Armed with these two files log into the ‘Security Console’ > Administration > SecureID Tokens > Import Tokens Job > Add New.
8. Give the job a name accept all the defaults and browse to the XML file, then copy and paste in the password form the text file and run the import job. Check on the completed tab to make sure it was a success.
Related Articles, References, Credits, or External Links