KB ID 0001026
I’ve had the Windows 10 technical preview for a while now, but other that run it up in VMware workstation I’ve not done much with it. Today I wanted to check something, and found out my build was too old. I was just about to head over to MSDN and get the latest ISO when I thought, “I wonder if I can update it ‘in place'”.
Note: This procedure is going to take a while.
1. Hit the Windows Key or press ‘Start’ (Are we still calling it start, I don’t know?) > Search for Windows Update > Select ‘Windows Update Settings’.
2. Preview builds > Download now.
3. After a while (about 25 mins in my case) > Install.
4. Let it bounce, (after about an hour.)
5. Don’t get too exited it still takes ages to finish installing and run sysprep, go get a coffee.
Related Articles, References, Credits, or External Links