KB ID 0000898 Dtd 06/01/14
It’s been such a long time since I’ve seen this, but I got this problem this morning at one of our sister companies.
When attempting to send and email, via Outlook (or Outlook Web Access), the email does not get sent and instead drops straight into the users drafts folder.
1.Locate the EdgeTransport.exe.config file (By default it will be in c:Program FilesMicrosoftExchange ServerBin but your location may differ). Take a backup of this file then open it with notepad.
2. Locate the line that contains;
3. Change its value form 0 to 90 like so;
4. Then reboot the server.
If the problem persists see the following article:
Other Causes Of This Can Be;
- The Microsoft Exchange Transport Service is not running.
- The Microsoft Exchange Transport Service is NOT running under the ‘Network Service’ account. (Note: Put in any password it will work!)
- SMTP is not responding on the server can you ‘telnet localhost 25’
Related Articles, References, Credits, or External Links