KB ID 0000827
I wanted the RSAT tools installing on a Windows 8 machine today, I downloaded the RSAT update and ran it, but the tools did not appear? Also they were not available under ‘Turn Windows features on or off’.
As it turns out, even though it says ‘Installation complete’ that’s not the same as Installation Successful (cheers Microsoft!). It is actually failing in the background, because this machine does not have the English (United States) language pack installed.
1. Press Windows Key+X > Control Panel > Change the View to ‘Small Icons’ > Language.
2. Add a language.
3. Under ‘E’ > English > English (United States) > Add.
4. Make sure you click the link to download and install language pack.
5. It’s over 150MB so it may take a while.
6. When installed, reinstall the Windows RSAT package for Windows 8, and this time it should be there!
Related Articles, References, Credits, or External Links