KB ID 0000750 Dtd 21/01/13
If I’m working on a machine that I suspect is infected by Malware/Spyware then one of the first tools I reach for is Malware Bytes.
As it’s one of the most popular repair tools, it’s not uncommon for the writers of these pieces of malicious code, to actively block the installation of Malwarebytes. So the publishers of Malwarebytes have come up with a solution called Chameleon.
1. Head over to the Malwarebytes download site > For Home > Other Tools.
2. Download Chameleon.
3. The files will come down in a zip file > Extract them > Locate the Chameleon.chm file and run it.
4. You can now attempt to install Malwarebytes by using the install options presented, start with the first and work your way down.
5. When running, a command window will open, and ask you to press any key > It will see if the software is installed, if not it will download and install it.
6. Then it will update the software with the latest definitions.
7. When complete the software will start and begin a scan.
Related Articles, References, Credits, or External Links