KB ID 0000681 Dtd 13/02/12
We have had the ability to ‘Remote Wipe’ phones using Exchange ActiveSync since version 2007. But now you can remotely remove your email account from a mobile device running Windows 8 (When connecting to Exchange with Windows Mail).
Note: This WILL NOT remove any settings in Microsoft Outlook on the remote machine!
1. Log into Outlook WebApp from another machine > Options > See All Options.
2. Phone > Locate the WindowsMail entry, and select it.
3. You can check what it is by clicking details > Here we can see it’s my HP Laptop.
4. To remove your email account form this machine > ‘Wipe Device’.
6. The status will change to ‘Wipe Pending’.
7. When the remote wipe has been carried out you will receive email notification.
8. And if you are still logged into WebApp refresh the screen, it should say ‘Remote Device Wipe Successful’.
9. Note: If you ever want to reconfigure this device to receive mail again, you will need to DELETE it from this view before you can set it up again.
Related Articles, References, Credits, or External Links