KB ID 0000656 Dtd 21/08/12
Even though I had installed Chrome, and told Windows 8 to set it as the default browser, it had not.
1. Whilst within Windows 8 > Press Windows Key+Q > This brings up the Apps menu > In the search box type ‘default’ > Select ‘Default’ Programs.
2. Set your default programs.
3. Locate Google Chrome > Then click "Set this program as default".
4. Now you can (if you wish) remove Internet explorer from the ‘Modern UI’. Right click the tile and select ‘Unpin from start’.
5. Now you can drag the Chrome tile over to replace it.
Related Articles, References, Credits, or External Links