KB ID 0000229 Dtd 17/10/11
Server 2008 has a password complexity requirement to make sure passwords are strong. Yes it can be disabled, but while it is in place you need your passwords to confirm to the following.
Error within AD
Error at Logon
Note: To disable password complexity click here.
To meet the policy your password MUST,
1. Passwords cannot contain the user’s account name or parts of the user’s full name that exceed two consecutive characters.
2. Passwords must be at least six characters in length
3. Passwords must contain characters from THREE of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z).
- English lowercase characters (a through z).
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9).
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %).
Permissable (examples only).
St@ndard – Stranger123 – s!mple1
Not Permissable (examples only).
Password – c0mplex – steve1970