KB ID 0000014 Dtd 23/10/08
Above error seen when connecting to a public folder instance from Exchange 2003
The requested operation is forbidden. ID no: c1030af1 Exchange System Manager
1. Â Go to the Exchange Server Â that you were trying to connect to (I see this error quite often in Exchange 2000 to 2007 migrations, you see this error when connecting to public folders on the 2007 Server). Â Start> Administrative tools > Internet Information Server Manager.
2. Expand Web sites > Default Web Sites > Right click EXADMIN > Properties > Directory Security > Secure Communications Section (at the bottom) > Edit
3. Un-tick require secure channel SSL > Apply > OK
4. Start > run > services.msc > Locate the IIS Admin service > right click > Restart.
5. Restart Exchange System Manager on the Exchange 2003 Server you should now be able to connect.
Related Articles, References, Credits, or External Links