KB ID 0000012 Dtd 21/10/08
Every techy has taken the phone call, a clients hard drive is filling up and there’s little or no space left on it. I got one this morning, So I used my usual drive space tool WinDirStat and tracked down the culprit…..
1. Here’s our hard drive, and there’s only 2.5GB free. Download and install WinDirStat.
2. Run the application and select the drive in question.
3. This could take a while (probably best get a coffee.)
4. When its done it looks like “Program files” is the biggest offender its taking 52% of the C: Drive.
Double Click Program files to expand that and the next most logical step would be the “Network Associates Folder”.
6. OK Looks like Groupshield (McAfee’s Exchange Email Filtering Software) is the problem.
7. It’s storing all its AV updates every day on the HDD, delete the old ones……….
8. And another 5GB magically is available.
Related Articles, References, Credits, or External Links