KB ID 0001078 Dtd 08/06/15
After spinning up quite a few Windows 8 virtual machines over the past few days, it struck me how annoying the new user account animation was.
It's only setting up a user profile, why on earth does it take so long?
To Disable New User Animation On A Stand Alone Machine
1. Press the Windows Key and launch gpedit.msc.
2. Navigate to;
3. Change the policy to disabled > Apply > OK > Close the policy editor.
To Disable New User Animation On A Domain
1. On a DC or machine running the RSAT tools > Press the Windows Key and launch gpmc.msc.
2. Create a new GPO or edit a new one linked to the domain or OU containing the computers you want to enforce the policy on.
3. Navigate to;
4. Change the policy to disabled > Apply > OK > Close the policy editor.
Related Articles, References, Credits, or External Links