KB ID 0000480 Dtd 18/07/11
Seen when an Exchange server attempts to build the Offline Address book but encounters an error.
Source: MSExchangeSA Event ID: 9327 Task Category: (13) Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Description: OALGen skipped some entries in the offline address list 'Global Address List'. To see which entries are affected, event logging for the OAL Generator must be set to at least medium.
This is just an instruction to enable logging so that you can see the REAL error.
Option 1 Enable Logging via the Exchange Management Shell
1. Launch the Exchange Management Shell and check the current logging level it will probably be set to "Lowest" Issue the following command:
Then scroll down to "MSExchangeSAOAL Generator" and check its status.
2. To turn the logging Level Right up issue the following command:
Option 2 Enable Logging via the Exchange Management Console
1. Launch the Exchange Management Console > Server Configuration > Right click the offending server > Manage Diagnostic Logging Properties > Expand MSExchangeSA > Select OAL Generation > Tick Expert > Configure > Finish.
Then rebuild the Offline address Book
1. Launch the Exchange Management Console > Organization Configuration > Offline address book Tab > Right click "Default Offline address Book" > Update.
2. Select "Yes" when prompted.
3. Wait a few minutes the re-check the server application log, you will see this error again but there should be a more descriptive error near it to let you know what is failing.
Related Articles, References, Credits, or External Links