KB ID 0000966 Dtd 11/07/14
Later on in the year I've got a big RSA and SharePoint deployment, as I know 'Zippity Squat' about SharePoint, I thought the best way to get some hands on experience, was to work out how to integrate SecureID with Exchange 2013, (which I know a few things about!)
1. Create a user in Active Directory, (here I'm using SVC_RSA_Access), and ensure that user has a mailbox, you can do this in the Exchange Admin Center, but I prefer to use the shell.
2. Hopefully it will complete without error.
3. Over in the Exchange Admin Center > Servers > Virtual Directories > OWA > Edit.
4. Authentication > Select Integrated Windows Authentication.
5. Then restart IIS with the following command;
6. We need to have the .Net 3.5 Feature added. (Server Manager > Add Roles and Features).
7. Log onto the Security Console of your RSA Authentication Manager appliance > Access > Authentication Agents > Generate Configuration File > Follow the wizard > Download the file.
8. Place the file you downloaded (sdconf.inf) on the Exchange server in the C:Windowssystem32 folder.
11. Select Default Web Site > RSA SecureID.
12. Select 'Enable RSA SecureID Web Access Authentication' > Apply.
13. Select the OWA Virtual Directory > Authentication > Ensure Anonymous Authentication and Windows Authentication are both enabled.
14. With Anonymous Authentication selected > Edit > Set the user account to the user we created back in step 1.
15. Select the WebID Virtual Directory > Authentication > Ensure Anonymous Authentication is enabled.
17. Right Click OWA > Manage Application > Advance Settings > Ensure the Application Pool is set to MSExchangeOWAAppPool.
19. Once again restart the IIS service.
20. Back in the Security Console of the RSA appliance > Access > Authentication Agents > Add New.
21. Enter the Exchange server details > Set the Agent Type to Web Agent > Save.
22. Hopefully it should go green and look like this.
23. Now when you connect to OWA instead of the usual log on screen you should see this, enter your domain username and your SecureID pass-code.
24. Once authentication has succeeded > Continue > and you will be logged into OWA.
Related Articles, References, Credits, or External Links