KB ID 0000285 Dtd 21/06/10
As you may already be aware Exchange 2007 on a x32 bit machine is NOT supported in a production environment, however there is one exception, x32 bit Exchange 2007 IS supported for management only.
You can install these tools on XP, 2003, Vista or Windows 7. For this Example I’ll use XP
1. Install IIS: Start > run > appwiz.cpl > add remove Windows Components > Internet Information Services(IIS) > Next.
2. Download and install .Net Version 2.0
3. Download and Install .Net SP1
4. Download and Install MMC 3.0
5. Download and Install Powershell
Install the Exchange 2007 x32 Management Tools
1. Download the Management Tools.
2. Run the .exe file and extract the files to a folder > From that folder run setup.exe
3. Select “Step 4 Install Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 SP1”
5. At the intro page > Next > Tick “I Accept…” > Next > Next >
6. Select “Custom Exchange Server Installation” > Next > Select Management Tools > Next.
7. Exchange will perform its readiness checks > Next > Finish.
8. Exchange Management Tools will launch automatically.
Related Articles, References, Credits, or External Links